The "team only supports version vX" message is displayed

When I attempt to sign into the desktop app, the " Your team only supports Postman v9" error pops up.

I am not part of any team. I also tried creating a team from scratch and the issue persists.

Is there a setting somewhere that configures the supported Postman version?

4 Likes

I can confirm that this issue is happening ONLY to newly created accounts.
If you had your account from a long time (1+ years) then you are able to download, run and login into the latest Postman version - v10.
If you’ve just created your account (today for example) then you are able to use only the v9 version of postman and you have no option to migrate your account to v10, apparently.

I hope the Postman dev team fixes this annoying issue. Or at least provide documentation/information somewhere on their website.

I can confirm this as well. I actually updated postman, and then created a new account and team, and I get this message when signing in to that new account and team. I sign out and switch to my old account/team and it works fine.

I have an account for more than an year and also no option to upgrade to v10. It’s a personal account, no team used.

Same error for me, got it both without being signed in to a workspace and after I signed in :frowning:

Thanks for raising this! I can reproduce the same using a new account and have raised an incident.

As a workaround while we resolve this,

1. can you use Postman for Web?
  2. can you use the Download Postman | Get Started for Free downloads page to get the latest v9 version if you prefer to use the desktop app?

Our team put in a fix so that non-team users should not be seeing that “team only supports version 9” page anymore! Please advise if this is still an issue at the same time

1 Like

This is happening for me between v10 and v11. Same bug?

6 Likes

Same bug for me. I can’t find any news on the Postman site about v11. Was it accidentally released early? Well, anyone using native Windows update automation has it now.

Nothing in release notes, no blogs… This might have been a misfire, would think they’d want to drop their new version at POST/CON in a few weeks.

Same issue here with v10 and v11, I even tried left my team, not working.

1 Like

Hey @ediwang1202 :wave:

Just to get a better understanding of your workflow, can I ask where you’re getting v11 from please?

Can you share the location or update path you may have take, also any screenshots of what you are seeing.

The logs from your Postman instance would also be very useful if your could share those too.

Winget automatically updated to version 11

I also deleted my team recently (because I’m the only member of that team, and I don’t need one), but the problem persists.

Are you able to Download V10 via the button on your image?

Close this instance and then open up the V10 downloaded version.

Yes, this link works just fine.
Apparently rolling back to V10 fix my issue.

I’m not sure how or who updated the winget package to V11 (It’s not in our control) but it would result in this situation. It’s not an active version of Postman.

The download link to the latest V10 app, can be found by hitting the Download V10 button in the UI screen that’s presented.

Closing the app and then opening the new downloaded version will return you to the latest V10 app again.

1 Like

I created an issue in the winget repository maybe they can resolve this issue.

Extracted this from a different thread after the user had a similar issue, they used the following command to fix it.